Journey of Tea- Day trip to Palar ₹
Graamya is a social enterprise that offers experiential rural trips in the villages of Kerala. While the guests experience the cultures and traditions through an immersive rural experience, graamya also make sure that we contribute to the rural livelihood and the culture and traditions of that village is well preserved. An immersive day trip to Palar Tea Garden and Factory organized by Graamya takes the visitors through the journey of Palar tea from farm to cup. The tea factory which produces single garden, naturally grown orthodox teas and is located amidst the tea gardens in the hilly village of Palar.
Itinerary (04 Hours)
✔ Arrive at Palar Tea Factory (Palar Greens). ✔ Take a guided walk through our tea garden and immerse yourself in hand-picking of the right tea leaves and understand the specific methods followed to make best quality tea. ✔ Learn the spiritual farming methodology used to grow the tea bushes from our experienced award winning tea grower. ✔ Increase your Tea Quotient by learning more about tea. Understand and witness the processing of Orthodox teas at the Palar Greens Mini Tea Factory – The first mini tea factory in Kerala. ✔ Attend the guided tea tasting session by our experienced tea- maker and learn to identify good quality teas. ✔ A trail through the organic cardamom plantation of Palar and understanding green cardamom from scratch. ✔ Enjoy the Palar Tea along with a local snack at the factory premises /lunch in the Palar Greens farm stay. This is a rural community based tourism initiative by Graamya. Help us generate alternate livelihood opportunities for rural communities through your travel.
- Guided walk through our tea garden
- Naturally grown orthodox tea
- Learn the spiritual farming methodology used to grow the tea bushes
- Attend the guided tea tasting session by our experienced tea- maker
- Pick and drop from Munnar (Can be provided with additional cost)
- Anything which is not mentioned in itinerary
Thing to Remember
- Please do not expect any luxury in community based tour packages
- We expect every guest to be respectful towards nature, local people or tribals
- The community in Makkuvalli speak only Malayalam – Please pre-book a translator if required
- Keep the environment green and clean
- The trip is encouraged only between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- The trip will not be available on any Sundays.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking are not allowed during the trip.
Things to Carry
- There are no shops available nearby, hence please carry items for your personal needs
- Reusable water bottle
- Enough money for your personal use as there is no ATM’s available nearby
Terms & Conditions
✔ Duration of the trip: 4 hours (can be forenoon or afternoon) ✔ The charges include all the activities mentioned in the itinerary. along with a trained guide to take you through the itinerary. ✔ The temperature at Palar varies from 28°C during the day to 19°C in the evenings. ✔ Children below 6 years will not be charged for the trip if accompanied by at least one adult for two children. ✔ ll itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous aspects such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the vehicle. voye.in or Service Providers reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the tour participant’s safety, comfort and general well being. ✔ No stay will be arranged by Graamya with regards to this trip. ✔ We do not encourage TIPs in the village or any kind of financial and non-financial favors offered f