Chokanad Bungalow ₹₹₹₹
This 100 year old heritage luxury bungalow is a perfect haven for nature enthusiasts looking for a plantation retreat, the cottage opens up to a lush garden where visitors can enjoy a steaming cup of morning tea. Chokanad Bungalow is constructed in 1917. This 2 Bedroom Bungalow is situated in Chokanad east division of Madupatty estate with an elevation of 1538.0 m. Chokanad Bungalow is best known for regular elephant sightings, this Bungalow is nestled amongst tea fields with a scenic view of the valley below. Chokanad Bungalow is only 6 km from Munnar Town, the location and premises are ideal for a quiet and serene stay. The Bungalow steps its foot into the old history of the colonial times, be it the intricate carpet which warms your toes or the pure hardwood four poster beds which have been intricately maintained.
Itinerary (02 Days / 01 Night)
✔ 12:00 PM - Check in ✔ Tailor made itineraries can be designed as per choice of the guests with additional charge. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Nearest Places to visit : ✔ Blossom International Hydel Park (05 kms) ✔ Pothamedu View Point ( 3.2 Kms) ✔ Eucalyptus Photo Point (5.5 kms) ✔ Munnar Town (06 Kms) ✔ Mattupetty Dam (14 kms). ✔ Carmelagiri Elephant Park (10.5 Kms) ✔ Botanical garden (7 kms) ✔ Nayamakad Waterfalls (12.5 kms) ✔ Eravikulam National Park (16 kms) ✔ Attukad Waterfalls (12 kms) ✔ Tea museum (07 kms)
✔ Complimentary Breakfast ✔ Tailor made itineraries can be designed as per choice of the guests with additional charge. ✔ 11:00 AM - Check out
- 100 year old heritage Bungalow Stay in the midst of tea plantations
- Plantation Walk
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Fire place
- Chokanad Bungalow is best known for regular elephant sightings
- Tribal village visits –Tribal settlement visit can be arranged with additional charges
- Jeep Safari, Tea Plucking, spice garden visits, Barbecue can be arranged with additional charges
- Extra bed can be arranged with additional charge of INR 700.00 per person
- Anything which is not mentioned in itinerary
- Any transport
- Dinner - Can be arranged on request with an additional cost of INR 371/ meal.
- Lunch - Can be arranged on request with an additional cost of INR 265 / meal.
Thing to Remember
- This is an old Heritage bungalow in the midst of new clonal tea plantations, hence do not expect wifi or any other luxuries. Connect with nature not with wifi.
- Visitors are advised to check in before 04.00 PM as there are no sign boards or google map navigation available to reach here.
- In bad climate conditions you may not able to drive your own vehicles, hence please hire a local jeep for commuting to Bungalow
- Chokkanadu Estate is known for Wild animal sightings and elephant corridors, hence please avoid travelling to Estate Bungalows after 5.30PM
- This is a Stay Only package from Viriparai Bungalow. However, activities and tour packages can be arranged on request with additional charges.
- We request you to inform us in advance of your meal preference on the day of your arrival
- Pet policy: We allow pets with their owners at the bungalow only if the full bungalow has been reserved
- Swimming pool, Spa or Gym are not available
Things to Carry
- There are no shops, ATM’s nearby, hence please carry enough money and personal needs like cigarettes, drinks, snacks, soft drinks etc.
- We do not sell alcohol at the property; however you are allowed to carry your own.
- A valid ID proof.
- Please keep a hard / soft copy of your booking tickets. These are properties owned by private estates and public entry is restricted. You may need to submit booking ticket at check posts.
Terms & Conditions
✔ All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous aspects such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the vehicle. voye.in or Service Providers reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the tour participant’s safety, comfort and general well being. ✔ Normal check in and check out time is 01.00 PM to 11.00 AM. Any changes should inform to service provider in advance and subject to availability and it may charge extra. ✔ Check in after 07:30 PM is not allowed, we have all the rights to refuse your booking due to security concerns (Climate conditions, road conditions and wildlife movement).